Home Improvement Plans & Reviews
When a homeowner wants to make architectural changes/additions including but not limited to adding a garage or adding a pool, the procedure is as follows:
The homeowner should be sure to reference setback requirements from side and rear property lines as shown in the Association C&R documents.
No variances of setbacks will be considered.
Requirements, regulations, and copies of all documents include:
• Proof of survey, if required.
• A drawn-to-scale plan of the project. Professional architect is not required for minor projects. This plan must include setback distances from property line on all sides. See C&R document.
• Final project costs on letterhead invoice from company that will be doing the project.
• An Horry County permit, if required, must be submitted subsequent to POA approval and permit.
• Final approval of plans must be approved by the Board before County permit is issued.
• A construction bond in the amount of $250 or 5% of the project costs, whichever is greater. This money is held in a no-interest escrow account and will be returned when the project is completed and inspected by Association representatives.
• No construction can begin prior to County and POA permits being issued.
• Verify actual start date of project to ensure completion within one (1) year.
• No alterations of original plans are permitted without Board approval first.
• No above ground pools are permitted.
• All in-ground pools must have a fence no less than 48 inches in height with two locking gates/entrances.
• If a patio is to surround the pool, it must also meet setback guidelines as established in the C&Rs.
Please open the Application and Signature Form below, fill it out and send it to Gold Crown Management.